[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: How to determine what is in an InitialContext?

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 14 18:23:17 EDT 2006

I don't think I have very seen plain Strings coming back from JNDI, but I have had fun dealing with the Proxy classes, some of which don't appear to have a toString method.

I have noted in my own code that "java:" and "java:comp" tend to return different things.  Also try the empty string, that will give you the things in the global namespace.  You might also check for subcontexts and dump out the contents of those also.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965135#3965135

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965135