[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - deploying instrumented code, not working

bdruth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 16 18:03:04 EDT 2006

Good evening.

I am using Aspect annotations (not XML configuration) to do method interception. I have an annotation & an Aspect, tested, working in my testbed. Now, I need to integrate this new Aspect into our project code, using the new annotation.

The annotation is applied to a method in our business controller (at the moment, just one). This file is compiled, then instrumented via aopc, all via Ant. In a separate project, my JUnit tests will call into this class. The class is further instrumented by EMMA, for code coverage. EMMA complains that something in this controller class doesn't have debug line info, so it seems like it comes across the instrumentation by aopc.

Within Ant,  runs our test cases ... EMMA instrumentation data is collected, but the AOP code is not called, from what I can tell. I've added two jvmargs to the  task ...

			<jvmarg value="-Djboss.aop.class.path=aspects.jar" />
  | 			<jvmarg value="-Djboss.aop.verbose=true" />

And I get no output from JBoss AOP. What's going on here? Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Brice Ruth

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965589#3965589

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965589