[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Best way to learn

danny_hon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 16 18:05:33 EDT 2006

We are also looking at what is the best framework for creating portlets.  We find some issues using Struts.  If we use request.setAttribute(...) in an Action class, the variable is not visible in the JSP.  The work around is to use request.getSession.setAttribute(...).  This is not very elegant, and we have to remove the sessiono attribute later.  In addition, the validation from a form is not working.  Even though it does not accept the invalid values (which is good), it does not show the error from the JSP <html:errors /> tag.  It seems like these 2 problems are related to the fact that variable set by request.setAttribute() is not visible by the forwarded JSP.

We are using JBP 2.2.x + Struts-Bridge 1.0.  Does anyone have the same problem?  Any help is appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3965590#3965590

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3965590