[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Calling a method when a Session scope starts?

SmokingAPipe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 18 23:28:19 EDT 2006

Actually...

It looks like I could make up a Stateless bean, with scope=EVENT.  That bean would be in scope for every single page request within the Seam application, right?  So that bean would be present at every one.

Then I could annotate a member of that bean with @RequestParameter.

>From there I'm not sure what to do.  Could I use the @Observer annotation somehow so that a method of the bean would be called on every request?

Alternatively, I could put @RequestParameter on a getter/setter pair, and the setter could do the logic needed.  The advantage is that the method would only be called when the affiliateId parameter is actually set.

I guess I'm trying to use a bean as a smart / light filter, which seems like it should be possible.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3966210#3966210

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3966210