[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: Lookup Failure with HA-JNDI

bernd.koecke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 31 10:03:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

for all who may be interested, we found the reason for the described behaviour:
The problem was, that there were two clusters with different multicast addresse etc., but the same partition name. And both cluster were accessed from the same client for different services. When we installed these clusters, we looked only at the cluster nodes, that only the nodes of one cluster talked to each other. But here the problem happens on the client. If a client connects to more than one cluster, theses clusters must have distinct partition names. I think this is noted somewhere in the docs, but I don't remember an explanation why the partition names must be distinct, when the servernames and multicast addresses are distinct.

Some details:
The HA-JNDI client has an internal cache for the connection data. There is more than one stage for accessing this cache at jndi lookup time. The first stage maps the cluster nodes servername to an internal object instance. This instance has a static map (a class field) in which the partition name is the key for getting the connection object. All jndi lookups on the client share this static map with the partition names as key. The result is that the last jndi lookup will overwrite the internal connection data of the first one. And all lookups two the first cluster are internaly mapped two the second. And so every lookup to a service on the first cluster gets a NameNotFoundException after the first successful lookup to the second cluster.

Best regards,
Bernd

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3968633#3968633

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3968633