[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: how retrieve current UIComponent

jarkko@jab.fi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 13 07:32:25 EST 2006

Hello,
I've a slight problem working with Seam enabled (not stricly related to seam ;) Portlets, JSF and Iceface.  I think that each portlet has their own JSF view, anyone knows if this is correct?

Now, I use Seam to help those portlets communicate (through session, maybe one day I'll get the conversation scope to work too) with each other. With the inclusion of AJAX (Icefaces) I'm having some trouble getting screen updates at correct times. Like e.g. when drag-n-dropping something from one portlet to another. After dropping  an draggable object to other portlet the backing bean (Seam enhanced POJO/SFSB) has got the correct id of JSF component, now however the drag initiated from other portlet (with it's own jsf view) and that JSF view doens't known anything the other view (from where I got the id anyways).

Is there are way to query for all JSF views to find a component?
I admit, it's quite unclear for me how the JSF works internally (how the views are structured etc), so bear if the problem is too silly.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3993366#3993366

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3993366