[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: IllegalAccessError initializing ehcache.CacheManager

jonabbey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 31 12:49:47 EDT 2006

In the jbpm context (jbpm 3.1.2 from the starter kit on top of JBOSS 4.0.4 GA), here's what we did to fix things (from our internal wiki):

The JBPM application included in the starters kit includes a version of ehcache, ehcache-1.1.jar, which is out of date and incompatible with the rest of the JBOSS environment.

This link describes a fix to the problem, which is to replace ehcache-1.1.jar with ehcache-1.2.jar.

I did this in the following manner:

$ cd ${JBPM_SRC}/lib/hibernate
$ cp ${DOWNLOADS}/ehcache-1.2.jar .
$ svn rm ehcache-1.1.jar
$ svn add ehcache-1.2.jar

We also need to edit ${JBPM_SRC}/build.xml and change the reference to ehcache-1.1.jar to ehcache-1.2.jar, so that the new jar file is properly included in the jbpm.sar file that results.

After this was done, I just rebuilt and re-installed the application. See below for the details.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3961938#3961938

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3961938