[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Configuring JBossCluster

urisherman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 22 12:38:03 EST 2006

> You're not *deploying* the cache from an EJB, right?
What do you mean by "*deploying*"? Creating it and starting it?
Lets say I won't do that from an EJB, that's not the issue.

> It should be a separate deployment, either standalone or packaged with
> the ejb jar(s) in an ear or a sar.
It won't be standalone, it is intended to "live" inside our application. What do you mean by packaged with the ejb jars? The cache implementation is provided by u guys, it's in the server's lib directory. I use it inside my application, which is an ear that includes a bunch of ejb jars and wars.

> If not deploying the cache from the EJB, you're not creating threads
> from the EJB either, and there is no issue using the cache from the EJB.
Even if I don't deploy the cache from within an ejb (assuming "deploy"="create and start"), when I manipulate it from within an ejb the cache has to replicate itself, thus creating/dispatching a call to another thread (if working with async replication), or issue network io calls from the containers thread (if working with sync replication).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3987953#3987953

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3987953