[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Is Client-Side Lazy fetching possible?!?

nomike do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 6 05:58:58 EDT 2006

EJB3 enables UnitTests for Entities outside of the applicationServer.

It specifies too, that data in a DB may be externally modified without breaking the AS.

So (combining these two facts) is it possible to apply the mechanisms used for unitTesting to my swing-enabled client. So I could do lazy loading in my client application?

The reason for that is the following:

I have to build a Table with GiftCertificates. The GiftCertificates refer to other entities. I have to assume that users want to display lot's of them at once (> 100.000 pcs.). So I have a finder in a SessionBean which returns the found GiftCertificates and adds them to the tableModel.

Using eager-loading is, as you can see, no option here, because the performance will be way to slow.
Passing back the GiftCertificate entities to a SessionBean-Method which does the lazy loading for me is too slow to.

So what I want to do, is to be able to giftCertifiate.getBuyer() or giftCertificate.getTaxRate() in the table.models getValueAt() method.

I somehow need som EntityManager or similar in my Client...

Is this somehow possible?

thx in advance

nomike aka Michael Postmann

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3976530#3976530