[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: ne emf.createEntityManager(EXTENDED) any more?

taprogge do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 13 14:04:01 EDT 2006

Hmm... why then do I get "detached object passed to persist" when I try to persist a newly created entity with collection mapping?

I can persist anything just fine, but when I create an entity that holds a List of other entities (even when the list is still empty), that fails.
I have already tried to merge() the entit instead of persisting it, but then em.find will return null for it while still in the same transaction. I would expect to see and use the entity later on to fill that collection...

I am confused,

Phil

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978257#3978257

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978257