[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: IllegalStateException: No active application scope

psinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 13 14:09:41 EDT 2006

I found my problem.

In web.xml I had

  |     <context-param>
  |         <param-name>javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES</param-name>
  |         <param-value>
  |             /WEB-INF/faces-config.xml
  |         </param-value>
  |     </context-param>

Since faces-config.xml is read by default, this meant that my faces-config.xml file was read twice. Once I changed this to

  |     <context-param>
  |         <param-name>javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES</param-name>
  |         <param-value>
  |         </param-value>
  |     </context-param>

my problem went away. This configuration parameter is for extra configuration files and should not include the default faces-config.xml.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3978258#3978258

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=3978258