[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - question on createTimerAction.java

X490812 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 9 22:17:08 EDT 2007

I have had to implement an actionHandler that replaces the  action because I want to be able to dynamically update the dueDate (see
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=85157
and
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=82969
)
So I have done the following in an actionHandler:
 jbpmContext = executionContext.getJbpmContext();
  |             jbpmContext.save(executionContext.getProcessInstance());
  |             CreateTimerAction cta = new CreateTimerAction();
  |
  |             //Timer and duedate are required fields
  |             cta.setTimerName(timerName);
  |             cta.setDueDate(strDueDate);
  |
  |             if (transitionName != null)
  |                 cta.setTransitionName(transitionName);
  |             if (repeat != null)
  |                 cta.setRepeat(repeat);
  |             if (timerAction != null)
  |                 //cta.setTimerAction((Action) Class.forName(timerAction).newInstance());
  |                 cta.setTimerAction(new Action(new Delegation(timerAction)));

And done the following in a process:
<action class="com.homeq.payoffdemand.jbpm.actions.CreatePDWTimerActionHandler">
  | 			  <timerName>UPES_Wait_for_Expiry</timerName>
  | 			  <dueDate>fidelityMaintWait</dueDate>
  | 			  <transitionName>UPES_Wait_for_Expiry_Decision</transitionName>
  | 			  <timerAction>com.homeq.payoffdemand.jbpm.actions.upes.CalcWaitForExpiryActionHandler</timerAction>
  | 			</action>

Does this seem reasonable? is there a better way? In PaRticular, how do I set the action. The above timerAction is an implementation of actionHandler, and I don't know if this is the correct way to set it into the setTimerAction call - see above.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4035844#4035844

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4035844