[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Higher JMSPriority not stepping in front of lower JMSPri

adrian@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 21 11:04:55 EST 2007

anonymous wrote :
  | It appears that JBoss is queuing up a message before the MDB even processes it.  So a higher priority message must wait what appears to be the invoker-proxy-binding's  # of messages before it jumps in front.

Correct. It's called read ahead. It would be very inefficient (latency) to wait
until a message listener completes its onMessage() before
retrieving the next message to process from the server.

It's not configurable in JBossMQ, try JBoss Messaging
or submit a patch to make it configurable (there's an old feature request
about it somewhere but it was closed when we stopped developing JBossMQ).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115028#4115028

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115028