[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to control end of conversations/state of stateful be

gus888 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 26 14:54:33 EST 2007

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : "gus888" wrote : For "How to control end of conversations":
  |   | I have the same problem. I think that it is critical issue for the core (conversation) of Seam. The Seam forum here suggested that you use "propagation=none" to all other buttons and links which users can reach and propagate away from the current conversation. I think, maybe I am wrong, that this way is not practicable in a production project. One reason is that maybe there are a couple of dozens links and buttons on screen,
  |
  | So this is just laziness?
  | Hi Pete,
First, thank you for your reply. I think that it is not just laziness. The conversation is specifically useful for complicated project, based on Kavin's statements in the tutorial. For a complicated project with top drop-down menus, left bar menus and right bar menus, developers have to put "propagate=none" to **every buttons and links** at every conversation step to prevent users from propagating away from a conversation. Importantly, this way seems that software developers are completely controlled by non-coorporate user's behavior, but based on my little experience, software developers should always control non-coorporate user's behavior. Correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4115548#4115548

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4115548