[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - HOWTO: Replace portal authentication and authorization

arnieAustin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 12 15:23:54 EST 2007

I need to replace the portal's internal methods with a custom class we wrote internally. Though LDAP is used to authentication, the base functions aren't detailed enough for our needs. Authorization is done based on data from a database.

I know I'm supposed to implement UserModule and RoleModule but I cannot find any documentation on how to do that. The JavaDoc's show classes such as org.jboss.portal.core.impl.user.UserModule and *.Impl but I cannot descend that class as its not in any of the jars under the portal.sar/lib folder.

What are the fully qualified class names and what jar's are they supposed to be in? A URL to a document detailing how to make the portal use these new classes would be much appreciated. Esp since I'll probably have to create my own login and registration portlets.

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4015379#4015379

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4015379