[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Programmatic control of Pages component

quilleashm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 15 12:39:44 EST 2007

Currently (1.1.6) it is possible to programmatically build the Page components that are usually read from pages.xml by doing

  | Pages.getPage( viewId )

with a viewId that doesn't have a pages.xml entry (it creates an empty page with the viewId if one is already present from pages.xml and a "viewId.pages.xml" file does not exist).

Just wondering if this is a) intentional and b) going to be preserved in future versions.  I can see the ability to do this coming in VERY useful for me in the near future but I didn't want to rely on something that may not be an intended feature.

(I have a bunch of pages that all need the same action invoking before the page is rendered and don't want to churn out a load of duplicate pages.xml or run the risk of forgetting one in the future.)

Thanks.

Mike.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4017149#4017149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4017149