[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Help getting all tasks for a user

estaub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 28 09:27:22 EST 2007

Brad,

I disagree about findPooledTaskInstances, but that may be because we're coming from different assumptions about intended use.  I'm new at this, so I could easily be confused.

I assume that a task with a null actorId has not been picked up by a particular actor, but may be picked up by anyone in the pool.  A task instance with the actor Id set has been "locked" for completion by a particular user, and thus is no longer assigned to the pool as a whole.

So to my thinking, the implementation is correct, and as expected; once a task has been locked to a particular user, it's no longer in the pool.  For the common use-case of creating a list of pooled tasks that actors may grab a task from, this is certainly the desired behavior.

I agree that the docs could be improved!

-Ed Staub

(P.S.  Did we work together in Nashua?)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4023701#4023701

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4023701