[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Role Management and User portlet access other than "admin" a

dexxa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 18 16:00:20 EST 2007

Using JBOSS 2.6 ALPHA1 (bundled) on Windows server 2003

It seems like access to the role management and user portlets are restricted to only the user account "admin". I have created a new user and added them to the administrator role only. When I log on as the new user and try to access the role management I get the message "Sorry you do not have access to this function". When I try to access the user portlet using this new user I do not get a "create user" link but just the "edit your profile" link.

I noticed that when you try to apply security through the Management Portlet all of the roles are shown except the role Administrators. A role called Admin is displayed. Does Admin = the role Administrators or does Admin = the user account named admin?

What I need is a way to blow away the default accounts (for security purposes) and create a couple of new "admin" accounts without messin' up the access. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4003529#4003529

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4003529