[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Layout I18N: wrong locale in JSP

halversp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 19 11:58:53 EST 2007

We need to internationalize the contents of our layout templates (page titles, some running text, injection of language-specific stylesheets), but the Locale set in the LocaleInterceptor (based on session, cookies, user preference) is not being propagated to the request received by the layout JSP.

Looking at org.jboss.portal.theme.impl.JSPLayout, it seems this is because the layout dispatcher is being passed the original client request, as opposed to a request object with the preferred locales augmented by the LocaleInterceptor.  My grasp of the various request objects flowing around the system is tenous, so I'm not quite sure what the right solution should be here.

Any suggestions?

JBoss Portal 2.4.1
Custom LocaleInterceptor
JBoss AS 4.0.4