[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @startup and performace issues

mgorav do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 10:20:10 EDT 2007

Gavin I am really wowed over you JBoss seam framework. I am big fan yours. I would like to ask you one question. When we use @startup, how seam able to lunch at time of deployment. I looked into code; specifically I am referring to ComponentScanner. Is Jboss seam you parse all the .class files in the class path and find out where @startup annotation given and then execute it? If that the case, it?s a serious performance hit in large enterprise application and will take lots of time in deployment and eat up memory. Please help me understand you framework better.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4065812#4065812

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4065812