[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Incremental UI updates in AJAX with rich client state

TedGoddard do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 11 11:15:26 EDT 2007

"christian.bauer at jboss.com" wrote : How do you deal with partial form submits, like in my example? I have a form with three regions and three submit buttons. I want to reRender completely independent areas after an event.

Why is it important to know that a specific region is rendered?  There could be output components anywhere on the page affected by the input.  When the user presses the different buttons, different application logic should invoked by the action methods, but standard JSF would render the entire page. All the outputs on the page should be able to derive themselves correctly from the complete model, it's just that the model is updated differently by the different buttons.  This preserves the declarative aspect of page design.

It's true that rendering a specific subtree on a page could be a useful optimization, but it should only be an optimization, not the primary way to add Ajax functionality.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4045031#4045031

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4045031