[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Queue attributes not being implemented

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 23 12:50:25 EDT 2007

Just to clarify the above email.

If you *do not* wish to use the MDB container DLQ (this is the one configured here http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfigJBossMDB and has nothing to do with JBM), and would rather use the JBM DLQ and benefit from the ability to specify different DLQs per queue with different values of MaxDeliveryAttempts, then you can comment out the DLQ section from http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfigJBossMDB, to give something like:

  | <invoker-proxy-binding>
  |       <name>message-driven-bean</name>
  |       <invoker-mbean>default</invoker-mbean>
  |       <proxy-factory>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker</proxy-factory>
  |       <proxy-factory-config>
  |         <JMSProviderAdapterJNDI>DefaultJMSProvider</JMSProviderAdapterJNDI>
  |         <ServerSessionPoolFactoryJNDI>StdJMSPool</ServerSessionPoolFactoryJNDI>
  |         <CreateJBossMQDestination>true</CreateJBossMQDestination>
  |         <!-- WARN: Don't set this to zero until a bug in the pooled executor is fixed -->
  |         <MinimumSize>1</MinimumSize>
  |         <MaximumSize>15</MaximumSize>
  |         <KeepAliveMillis>30000</KeepAliveMillis>
  |         <MaxMessages>1</MaxMessages>
  |         <MDBConfig>
  |           <ReconnectIntervalSec>10</ReconnectIntervalSec>
  |          <!-- This is commented out - JBM dlq will be used instead
  |           <DLQConfig>
  |             <DestinationQueue>queue/DLQ</DestinationQueue>
  |             <MaxTimesRedelivered>10</MaxTimesRedelivered>
  |             <TimeToLive>0</TimeToLive>
  |           </DLQConfig>
  |           -->
  |         </MDBConfig>
  |       </proxy-factory-config>
  |     </invoker-proxy-binding>

Note that this will allow you to use the JBM DLQ, ExpiryQueue and MaxDeliveryAttempts values, but it *will not* allow you to use the JBM redelivery delay, since redelivery is implemented by the MDB container as explained in the previous post.

There's not really much we can do about other than change the MDB container to implement redelivery delay.

JBM Redelivery delay will only have an effect when *not* using MDBs

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4047981#4047981

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4047981