[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Object Level Validation

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 11 01:39:38 EDT 2007

No, I don't think so.  It'd be tough to do.

As I understand it, if the validate values phase fails, then the update models phase should be skipped.  But @AssertTrue methods are only going to be useful if the model attributes have been updated.  So you can't check @AssertTrue methods in the validate values phase.

With property-level validation, you can check whether a value is valid without actually setting the property, so normal Model Validation doesn't have this problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4093856#4093856

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4093856