[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: clickable dataTable problem

asookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 29 11:49:07 EDT 2007

"pete.muir at jboss.org" wrote : "asookazian" wrote : So I have a clickable dataTable that's based on a join of two tables.  There is a submit button for each row of the dataTable.  I can't use the @DataModelSelection annotation (commented below) b/c the List does not consist of only one Entity class, it's based on two.

  | Don't forget your class has an inheritance hierachy.
  |
  | anonymous wrote : How can I identify which row needs to be updated and get all the necessary data for the 2nd table to be persisted to DB?  1st table is read-only.  sounds like @DataModelSelection is out of the question here (Java generics does not allow me to specify more than one type per Collection).
  |
  | Page parameters?

when you refer to inheritance hierarchy, are you referring to the two entity classes (sub-classing one from the other, which doesn't make sense in this case b/c they're unrelated in terms of one is not a shape and one is not a rectangle, or one is not a person and one is not a manager, etc.).

or are you referring to the SFSB class?

i'm thinking you're referring to the two JPA entities...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4099890#4099890

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4099890