[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: the TransientObjectException with <s:convertEntity />

filosganga do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 18 05:10:08 EDT 2007

So, I discovered some problem:

The view presentation appened in a different hibernate session. if i use a stateless bean to load the selectItems entities, using the EntityManager component of Seam, it work fine.

But I have my Daos Stateless EJB, and if i use them i receive same error.

Anyone can help me?

This is the correct code:

  | @Name("gruppoService")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.STATELESS)
  | @Stateless
  | public class GruppoServiceBean implements GruppoServiceLocal {
  |
  | 	private AccountManager accountManager;
  |
  | 	/**
  | 	 *
  | 	 */
  | 	public GruppoServiceBean() {
  | 		// Empty
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@EJB
  | 	public void setAccountManagerLocal(AccountManagerLocal accountManagerLocal){
  | 		this.accountManager = accountManagerLocal;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
  | 	public List<Gruppo> listGruppi(){
  | 		Query query = entityManager.createQuery("from Gruppo as gruppo");
  |
  | 		return (List<Gruppo>)query.getResultList();
  |
  | 	}
  |
  | }

While this code cause Error. The AccountManager is a Stateless EJB.

  | @Name("gruppoService")
  | @Scope(ScopeType.STATELESS)
  | @Stateless
  | public class GruppoServiceBean implements GruppoServiceLocal {
  |
  | 	private AccountManager accountManager;
  |
  | 	/**
  | 	 *
  | 	 */
  | 	public GruppoServiceBean() {
  | 		// Empty
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@EJB
  | 	public void setAccountManagerLocal(AccountManagerLocal accountManagerLocal){
  | 		this.accountManager = accountManagerLocal;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
  | 	public List<Gruppo> listGruppi(){
  | 		return accountManager.listGruppi();
  | 	}
  |
  | }

I've set this property on persistence.xml:

and my components.xml:
	<persistence:managed-persistence-context name="entityManager"
		auto-create="true"
		persistence-unit-jndi-name="java:/EntityManagerFactories/siccr" />

It's right?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085369#4085369

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085369