[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Noob conversation confusion

nickarls do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 02:53:35 EDT 2007

Hi,

Is there a way of ending a conversation and starting another at the same time? I have a case that looks like the hotel booking example where I have a page scoped list of orders and then selecting an order @Begin:s a long running conversation.

The problem is that I can't start a fresh conversation when selecting another order. I either have to join the existing (and manually refreshing all lists etc. that are order-specific) or nest it (which isn't really natural, haven't even tried it).

I tried ending and then starting the conversations through the API but still no go (@End and @Begin on the same method didn't seem to work, either). The conversations are "parallell", when you select another order the order-specific lists should be null and go through the normal factories).

Also in pages.xml I have

  | <page view-id="/login.xhtml">
  | 	<navigation>
  | 		<rule if="#{identity.loggedIn}">
  | 			<begin-conversation/>
  | 			<redirect view-id="/order.xhtml"/>
  | 		</rule>
  | 	</navigation>
  | </page>

So I thought I would enter the application in a new long running conversation but that doesn't seem to be the case. And the "order" object showing in the view hasn't gone through the @Factory("order") I have in my backing bean either.

There seems to be a learning curve with Seam (as with most things) but I think it will be worth the while to hang in there...

Thankful for any assistance/theories on the issues,
  -Nik

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4085867#4085867

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4085867