[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - German characters in a FacesMessage under Mac OS X

tnfink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 24 10:34:08 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have problems using German characters in a Faces message, such as:

  | facesMessages.add("Bitte wählen Sie ...");

The foreign characters are wrongly displayed in the web application. This only happens under Mac OS X. My colleagues with their Windows notebooks seem to have no problems.

I tried UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1 as encoding for the Java file. I also changed the encoding of the JBoss server with "-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8".

It would be nice if I could use "ü" in the message but Seam is too smart and quotes the "&" and the ";".

BTW, I use Seam 2.0.0 CR1.

Any hints would be appreciated....

-- Torsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4087958#4087958