[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: http not serving out requests

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 24 12:33:00 EDT 2007

Hmm, I was going to point you to the readme.html file that accompanies the JBoss AS download, to this section and bullet item:

anonymous wrote : Configuration Issues
  | JBossAS 4.2.0.GA
  |     * JBossAS now binds its services to localhost (127.0.0.1) *by default*, instead of binding to all available interfaces (0.0.0.0). This was primarily done for security reasons because of concerns of users going to production without having secured their servers properly. To enable remote access by binding JBoss services to a particular interface, simply run jboss with the -b option. To bind to all available interfaces and re-enable the legacy behaviour use -b 0.0.0.0. In any case, be aware you still need to secure you server properly.

Unfortunately, that readme.html file does not appear in the Portal + AS bundle. I am not sure how someone downloading the bundle would know to use the -b option if the bundle does not include the readme.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4088053#4088053

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4088053