[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBoss 5, Java 6, and DocumentBuilderFactory ClassCastExc

bdean42 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 15 15:46:43 EST 2008

Okay, I may have made this post a bit preemptively but hopefully someone else will do less searching because of my solution.

Various hibernate libraries we use (hibernate-validator, hibernate-annotations, hibernate-search, etc), depend on dom4j. dom4j had been in our old hibernate 3.2.6 war as well but something must have changed.

Now if I run mvn dependency:tree, there is another new jar being sucked in by dom4j, xml-apis. Looking at dom4j's pom file, it does not not directly depend on xml-apis, but it does depend on xerces which depends on xml-apis. This was really the only noticable xml related difference in the jar files that get included in our war.

So I changed the dependencyManagement section of  our pom file to have the following:
<dependency>
  | 	<groupId>dom4j</groupId>
  | 	<artifactId>dom4j</artifactId>
  | 	<version>1.6.1</version>
  | 	<exclusions>
  | 		<exclusion>
  | 			<groupId>xml-apis</groupId>
  | 			<artifactId>xml-apis</artifactId>
  | 		</exclusion>
  | 	</exclusions>
  | </dependency>

And now it works. I'm still not 100% sure why I needed to do this though. Seems like "maven magic" to some extent. I realize that it's not magic but I'm not sure what exactly is going on here.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4196701#4196701

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4196701