[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: LocalTx, ClientTransaction leak?

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 9 15:34:53 EST 2008

Personally I try and discourage people from relying on resource adaptor caching and using the "ejb-style" create connection, create session, do something, close connection approach, since I believe this encourages poor JMS habits.

One thing to note is the JMS resource adapter only caches JMS connection/sessions. It does not cache JMS producers or consumers.

This means it will still create a new producer on each action. This isn't too bad since the producer is a fairly lightweight object living on the client side only. However if you are creating consumers then this will require a server call  to create one on the server for each action, significantly reducing performance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118431#4118431

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118431