[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Custom Authentication

jayakarteek do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 22 07:35:13 EDT 2008

Hi ,
I am currently evaluating Jboss Portal server and I have completed a sample portal application with themes, layout, and portlets.
I also had a Personalization of Themes and Layouts requirement.  For this I understood that  JBoss portal ‘Dashboard’ should be used for personalization.
Here is my problem.  If I want to use Dashboard, then I need to create a new user using ‘User Portlet’.  Then I need to login to the Portal server so that I could view the Dashboard options.

But in my sample portal application, there would be a login portlet  where user will enter user ID and password.  After successful authentication, the portal application would be shown to user.   In order to show the ‘Dashboard’ (for personalization), .  I do not want to provide another ‘Login’ (provided by Portal server by default)  for Portal server authentication.  As soon as my UserID and Password are authenticated, I want to make sure that my User ID is registered with Portal server and authenticated by ‘User Portlet’ automatically.  This way I can avoid showing another Login option to user again.  But I can able to show the Personal Dashboard options.

Could any one please guide me on my problem?

Regards,
Jaya Karteek

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4165853#4165853

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4165853