[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - org.hibernate.HibernateException: null index column for coll

clandestino_bgd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 25 14:44:44 EDT 2008

Hi,
to be honest, I do not know why i am posting question on this forum, since I am the one who only answers on them, and I really do not think I will have an answer on this one :)
It seems, I feel really desperate :(
So the problem is the following:
I am using Jbpm-jpdl-3.2.3, hibernate 3.2.5, latest spring modules and basically use JBPM with Spring, passing the existing sessionFactory to jbpmContext.
Everything works fine within JUnit test cases (I extend AbstractTransactionalDataSourceSpringContextTests and at the end of each test method, I call setComplete() in order to commit in DB instead of default rollback.
But the same methods. e.g deploy/undeployProcessDefinition with the same process definition do not work under tomcat.
For example: method undeployProcessDefinition results in

  | org.hibernate.HibernateException: null index column for collection: org.jbpm.graph.def.ProcessDefinition.nodes

And, by looking in DB, after executed method deployProcessDefinition, it is not wonder, since the field:
NODECOLLECTIONINDEX_ in JBPM_NODE table is NULL for every node record.
Just to note, when invoked the same method within JUnit the NODECOLLECTIONINDEX_ is NOT NULL.

I read user manual several times, along with the most JIRA issues, (no wonder since I am working with JBPM very long time).
Can somebody, possibly can have a clue what can be the reason for this?
Btw, I read Bernd's JIRA issue about the same exception when using JtaPersistenceServicefactory, but then he said that it was because of the wrong conf.

It is definitely not my case, at least extensive debug messages confirm that everything is initialised properly. I even compared the initialisation code in both cases (junit and tomcat) and everything looks just the same and without any problem.

NOTE: since I am using JBPM with spring and within a big enterprise application, I am not able to send short Unit test, that someone can try locally.

Thanks a lot for every hint.
Milan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4166738#4166738

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4166738