[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: question about JobExecutor and Threads

mnakahara do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 25 14:47:24 EDT 2008

hi,
I have a simple question.
Why is JEE based design using EJB timers so different from JobExecutor design?
It looks like JobExecutor polls the job table, fetch job entries, and execute them in a single thread
while ejb timer version creates timer thread per job entry.
This is because a performance improvement by concurrent execution using multiple threads?

I 'm thinking writing my own job execution mechanism worked in JEE environment which based on
JobExecutor implementation. It means only one ejb timer thread which polls, fetch and execute all avaliable jobs
is created in a JEE container.
What do you guys think this idea?

Regards,
Masa