[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - javax.ejb.Handle cannot find EJB object

tania90 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 10 15:03:24 EDT 2008

We have 2 instance of jboss, one hosting a war and the other an ear.

Now from the war when we try to get a EJBObject via handle it fails. The jndi lookup is not working properly.

javax.ejb.Handle can't find EJB object

Code where error occurs..........
Handle handle = (Handle)inStream.readObject();
Object ref = handle.getEJBObject();

I am getting exception
java.rmi.ServerException: Could not get EJBObject; nested exception is:
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out]
        at org.jboss.proxy.ejb.handle.EntityHandleImpl.getEJBObject(EntityHandleImpl.java:114)

As per http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-1620
I changed the java.naming.factory.initial in jndi properties from

org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory

org.jboss.naming.NamingContextFactory"

Still no help.

I tried it on jboss 4.0.4 as well as 4.2.2

Can anybody point me to a solution?

Roy.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157124#4157124

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157124