[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Remote cluster ejb access

bstansberry@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 10 15:25:09 EDT 2008

A few questions:

1) In different posts, you've used "remotehost1", "RLLSIRFPAS01A" and "node1". I'm assuming these are all referring to the same thing; please correct me if I'm wrong. :-)

2) Is the partition name for "remotehost1" different from the partition name for the server making the call; e.g. the aren't both "DefaultPartition" or something?

3) In your example where you build up the naming properties yourself and do the call directly, does it work if you only include one server in the provider url:

jndiProps.setProperty(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "jnp://node1:1100");

I certainly expect it to work if you build up the naming environment yourself rather than using bean's ENC.  But I'm not seeing why it would fail when you use the ENC. When you use the ENC, it first looks up a javax.naming.LinkRef in the local environment; that link ref provides the jnp://RLLSIRFPAS01A.local.sirfarma.it:1100/ejb/LucyUserBean name. That name should result in a remote call to RLLSIRFPAS01A.local.sirfarma to resolve the link and look up the bean, but it's clear from your stack trace that the call is staying local.  It's not clear to me why.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4157128#4157128

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4157128