[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Fork Join and Async Nodes

ffernandez do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 7 04:17:41 EST 2008

Has anybody implements this scene or similar?

Here the process:

  | <fork name="fork1">
  | 	<transition to="ibk-df-classifier" name="1"></transition>
  | 	<transition to="bayes-wf-classfier" name="2"></transition>
  | 	<transition to="svm-df-classifier" name="3"></transition>
  | </fork>
  |
  | <node name="node1"  async="true">
  | 		<action class="DoHeavyJob1"/>
  | 		<transition to="join1"></transition>
  | </node>
  |
  | <node name="node2"  async="true">
  | 		<action class="DoHeavyJob2"/>
  | 		<transition to="join1"></transition>
  | </node>
  |
  | <node name="node3"  async="true">
  | 		<action class="DoHeavyJob3"/>
  | 		<transition to="join1"></transition>
  | </node>
  |
  | <join name="join1">
  | 	<transition to="finish"></transition>
  | </join>
  |
  | <node name="finish">
  | 	<action class="Result"/>
  | </node>

Description: Intermediate nodes takes long time executing, so I need the async="true" for their CONCURRENT execution, and I cannot execute the "finish" node until ALL intermediate nodes had finished.

In the DoHeavyJob1, DoHeavyJob2 and DoHeavyJob3 ActionHandlers, I have coded the executionContext.leaveNode(); at the end of the execute method.

  | class DoHeavyJob1{
  | 	public void execute( ExecutionContext  executionContext ) {
  | 		//Time task Simulation
  | 		Thread.sleep ( 100000 );
  |
  | 		executionContext.leaveNode();
  | 	}//execute
  | }

These actions are executed fine with JobExecutor, and I see that are executed in a concurrent way. But, the known org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException occurs when the last ActionHandler makes the leaveNode because of transaction database locks.

Please, is there any way to implement this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4134773#4134773

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4134773