[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Transactions in JBoss

rohit.macherla do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 9 09:59:39 EDT 2008

@francis17101970
Thanks for the information. We have put a jboss-ds.xml file in the Deploy structure of the JBoss. But the datasource is mentioned as     <local-tx-datasource>
  |  Hope this doesn't destroy the purpose there are some XA datasources available as well (not in my jboss-ds.xml, but I found in the internet that XA datasources can also be configured) and I am unaware of their purpose.
We'll also check if we can shift to EJB from the Servlets that we are using. But just one query here, in case we shift to EJB, does that mean that JCA need not be involved in my development ? I mean, because we'd be using CMP beans and as they'll take care of some part of the transactions, should I still use JCA somewhere because I've read that it deals with non-relational resources too?

@jhalliday
I've understood the problem you are referring to. One generic query here : Using EJB's here will not solve this problem, isnt' it ? I mean, if the server crashes even during the process or COMMITing, the method commit() should return an appropriate value I guess. Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175310#4175310

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175310