[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBM / JMS / EAI / c++ / wire-protocol

moonbird79 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 4 11:51:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

i write my diploma thesis about Enterprise Application Integration and I am a little bit confused, may be you can help me:

I have a JBoss AS-5, running with JBM 1.x and 2 Queues. My task is to connect from an old c++ application to my queues as a consument. At the moment the c++ application is connected to Tibco EMS via Tibco EMS c-client API.
The Tibco c-api documentation writes, that the API is 100% JMS compatible...
So, is it possible to connect from this API to JBM ??

As far, as I understand the JMS API, JMS is ONLY a API and every vendor can implement it different, for example with differen transport protocols. So you have different broker and - if you want to connect to broker X you have to use the client api of broker X. Is this correct ?

So if this is the case, I have to use JBM c-API which will be available with JBM 2.x ? Or is it possible to use for example ActiveMQ c-client API ?

And - what about AMQP ? Would this be a better way to use ? Isn't it the main reason for this api/protocol to connect with different vendors ?

What about STOMP and OpenWire protocol ? Does JBM support this and how ?

What is the default wire-protocol of JBM ? Is is correct, that if you use different JMS vendors on client and server side, which both use the same wire-protocol , that they will connect well ?

Many, many, many thanks !!!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4247918#4247918

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4247918