[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Exception in Portal 2.7.0/RichFaces, not in 2.6.4/MyFaces

srivastava.vs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 6 14:34:14 EST 2009

Hi,

I am working on two different projects-

1. My Faces implementation on JBP 2.6.4
2. Rich Faces implementation on JBP 2.7.0

In both the projects I have the below code to get PortletRequest:

PortletRequest request = (PortletRequest) FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getRequest();

In project 1:
 FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getRequest()
is returning me:
org.jboss.portlet.JBossActionRequest

whereas in project 2:
 FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getRequest()
is returning me:
org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade

and am getting a ClassCastException in case of Project 2.

The primary jars am using are-

Project 1:
commons-beanutils-1.7.0.jar
commons-el-1.0.jar
commons-digester-1.6.jar
commons-lang-2.1.jar
myfaces-api-1.1.5.jar
myfaces-impl-1.1.5.jar
tomahawk-1.1.6.jar
tomahawk-facelets-taglib.jar
jstl.jar

Project 2:
jboss-faces.jar
jsf-api.jar
jsf-impl.jar
commons-beanutils.jar
commons-lang.jar
commons-digester.jar
commons-el-1.0.jar
portal-faces-lib.jar
portal-faces-loader-lib.jar
portletbridge-impl.jar
jsf-facelets.jar
jstl.jar
portletbridge-api.jar
richfaces-api.jar
richfaces-ui.jar
richfaces-impl.jar

Could anyone please tell me what could be the issue here?

Appreciate your help

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4207842#4207842

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4207842