[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Feature request: Application Restart button

KoosPol do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 8 04:17:15 EST 2009

"KoosPol" wrote : Creating a specific build script task for touching the web.xml is specific as hell, and could be missed dearly.

After some further research, I found the RedHat docs exactly mention this too: (par. 3.1 "Exploded Deployment")
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/4.3.0.cp01/html-single/Server_Configuration_Guide/index.html#Deployment

Apparently/luckily I'm not by myself. I would vote up Franciscos post at http://www.seamframework.org/Community/HOWTORunBookingsExampleFromEclipse#comment35746.
He specifically suggests for a button which will overcome the "touch web.xml" detour. With all being IDE centric, the command line is indeed an awkward solution for this.

So, by now I know what I want and how to ask it :-)
Can we get an "Application Restart" button in the server view?

Thanks again.
Koos

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200267#4200267

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200267