[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Trying to persist process instances - need some help

terigox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 8 13:35:41 EST 2009

So it turns out I think I had a couple of things missing/wrong. (Of course :) )

So #1, it seems when trying to load up an external DB and use the jbpm-console there are a couple of things that should be known:

a) The database build scripts located under {jbpm-install}/database do not include any of the authentication tables needed to actually use the jbpm-console web app.
b) When installing jbpm through the jar installer, if you chose hypersonic as your database, it *will* however give you the correct tables needed for jbpm-console (hence why it works out of the box)

So what I ended up doing was copying the SQL out of my {jboss-server}/data/hypersonic/JbpmDB.script that hypersonic was using to create the remaining tables needed for my jbpm-console to work correctly.

Once I was able to get the console working correctly (knowing I had the correct DB settings and hibernate) I was able to then compare/use these settings in my own app.

I'm working closer to getting it working correctly. Now I'm getting what seems to be a more manageable exception :)

org.hibernate.AssertionFailure: null id in org.jbpm.graph.def.ProcessDefinition entry (don't flush the Session after an exception occurs)

I'm happy though that the jbpm-console examples are working and persisting correctly to Mysql!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4200413#4200413

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4200413