[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - disable Hibernate logs

RogerSilvaSauro do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 23 05:29:17 EST 2009

Hi people, how are you?
I'm new to jboss, and I apologize whether this question is too easy.
I've being searching for answer on google, and on this forum with no success.

Please, Does somebody know how to limit Hibernate logs only for error messages?
I've done the stops described bellow, but I'm still getting hibernate loggin its queries on jboss server.log file.

I'm deploying my JEE app on Jboss 4.2.2GA, and this app persistence.xml include the following line:
<property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="false"/>

Furthermore, I've updated  %JBOSS_HOME%/server/default/conf/jboss-log4j.xml including the lines bellow:

  |    <category name="org.jboss">
  |       <priority value="ERROR"/>
  |    </category>
  |    <category name="log4j.logger.net.sf.hibernate">
  |     <priority value="ERROR"/>
  |    </category>
  |    <category name="net.sf.hibernate">
  |     <priority value="ERROR"/>