[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - JBAS51 and JDK6 - underscore characters in hostnames

simon_temple do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 9 09:32:16 EDT 2009

A bind name with an underscore character causes a java.net.MalformedURLException during startup.

The sys admin doesn't want to change (correct!) the hostname, I don't really want to have to use the IP address.

Java seems to have problems with hostnames that contain underscores: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6587184

Could the JBAS code be changed to work around this issue?

Is that a really dumb thing to work around?

Should I insist that the sys admin change the hostname?

wdyt?

Any and all comments appreciated.

2009-07-09 14:11:32,477 ERROR  org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKernelController](main) Error installing to Start: name=jboss.remoting:protocol=rmi,service=JMXConnectorServer state=Create mode=Manual requiredState=Installed

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4242626#4242626

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4242626