[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re:

nbhatia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 17 09:55:59 EDT 2009

My example is already posted in JIRA (see
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-1677 - JmsTest-v2.zip). It obviously uses all the bad things :-), i.e. MDB, JCA, JTA. I think the best thing to do is to change the example to work in the "recommended way" and use it as a reference.

I read the performance section in the manual. The most applicable one here seems to be "Re-use connections / sessions / consumers / producers". Indeed JCA is supposed to do that and hence every place I have read, the recommendation is to go with JCA. So, I am a bit confused - are you recommending to drop JCA and write our own connection pooling?

I also read the comment regarding not to use Spring JMS Template. Two questions here:

1) The JMS template is used only for sending messages and as long as we connect it to a pooled connection factory, there should be no problems, correct? Now how to get that pooled connection factory is a problem if the recommendation is not to use JCA.

2) The JMS template does not come into picture when receiving messages. Spring provides a MDP container which does its own pooling. So that should not be a problem either, correct?

So please help me understand how I can practically use the tuning recommendations. If I shouldn't be using JCA/JTA etc., then I have to manage resources myself. This means all application developers will write their own pooling code, which seems counter productive. Or we can use whatever is available out there (like Spring Template and MDP) and adapt it to work the right way.

Thoughts?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244334#4244334

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244334