[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Changinh connection state in CMP EJB

dimonv do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 21 08:01:18 EDT 2009

"vickyk" wrote : I don't understand this clearly, may be you can explain this with respect to the jdbc rar.
This can not be shown on a JDBC example because JDBC always returns a Connection of the same type. Our JCA connector creates many different connection types, and therefore multiple CRIs result for the same RA. Therefore multiple (sub)pools (one per distinct CRI) should be used. In the patch that you proposed all connections would have been in one pool - wheras we need a PoolByCri. Did I miss something in your Patch that would support a PoolByCri in the re-authentication case?
"vickyk wrote : Having PoolByCri/PoolBySubject/PoolBySubjectAndCri will basically improve the efficiency/scalable of pooling implementation.
Yes, and by doing this, it must not return connections from the pool with other CRIs then expected by the caller.
"vickyk" wrote : RA developer should implement the Reauthenication mechanism.
Agreed, this must be implemented in the RA, but be independent of Application Server APIs that are not part of JCA. Your proposed a "reauthenticationClass" which would be AS specific. As pointed out before this is unnecessary in the normal case, and should be implemented by the RA provider (spec 9.1.9) .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4244947#4244947

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4244947