[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Howto create a new Thread? (the right way)

Wolfgang Knauf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 18 09:12:21 EDT 2009

What for do you need the socket server? What does this socket server do that cannot be handled by JBoss services?

If JBoss cannot handle your request: I think you should encapsulate it in a MBean service, which can be started/stopped by the server. The MBean should keep track of all threads and stop them, when it is stopped.
I found this wiki doc about port bindings, hopefully it is helpful: http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-9038

Another interesting class seems to be this one:
http://docs.huihoo.com/javadoc/jboss/4.0.2/org/jboss/remoting/transport/socket/SocketServerInvoker.java.html (I think it is a MBean, which handles socket requests and calls some custom thread/invoker. But I don't know whether you can plug in your own code in it, it is just a result of doing some google.

Hope this helps

Wolfgang

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4219091#4219091

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4219091