[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - sub-pool per user logged in

manojpardeshi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 30 03:05:03 EDT 2009

Hi
We have an application which is deployed on jboss4 and maintaining  a pool of connection with Inconcert database. PFB the ds.xml file:-
<no-tx-connection-factory>
        <jndi-name>IcJava</jndi-name>
        <adapter-display-name>Inconcert System Connection</adapter-display-name>
        <rar-name>inconcert.rar</rar-name>
        <connection-definition>com.wcg.framework.ra.InconcertConnectionFactory</connection-definition>
            <config-property name="ServerName" type="java.lang.String">optxicp</config-property>
            <config-property name="ServerHost" type="java.lang.String">icapp</config-property>
            <config-property name="ServerPort" type="java.lang.String">61071</config-property>
        <min-pool-size>0</min-pool-size>
        <!--  A seperate sub-pool is created per username logged into inconcert, and the max pool size is per sub pool -->
        <max-pool-size>40</max-pool-size>
        <blocking-timeout-millis>5000</blocking-timeout-millis>
        <idle-timeout-minutes>10</idle-timeout-minutes>
        <application-managed-security/>
   </no-tx-connection-factory>

I am not able to understand what is the meaning of sub pool per user. I think connection pool is maintained at application level and not at user level. Much appreciate if somebody clarify my doubt.
Thanks in advance,
Manoj

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4221834#4221834

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4221834