[jboss-user] [jBPM Users] - Row locks in Oracle after trying to delete a process instanc

bananeman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 16 09:12:23 EDT 2009

Hi,

We have row locks in our Oracle 11g jBPM database. I am still trying to figure out what action causes these locks. What I have seen so far is that there is a blocking session in our database which performs this SQL:
DELETE FROM jbpm4_execution WHERE dbid_ = :1 AND dbversion_ = :2

It seems that this SQL statement hangs (no commit or rollback is ever done) causing other SQL statements (an update in this case) to block.

I found the locked sessions using:

  | select INST_ID, SID, TYPE, ID1, ID2, LMODE, REQUEST, CTIME, BLOCK from gv$lock where (ID1,ID2,TYPE) in (select ID1,ID2,TYPE from gv$lock where request>0);
  |
  | INST_ID SID TYPE ID1 ID2 LMODE REQUEST CTIME BLOCK
  | 1 139 TX 65548 37132 6 0 8804 1
  | 1 104 TX 65548 37132 0 6 7450 0

When I look in our code I think the blocking database session must be our call to  org.jbpm.api.ExecutionService#endProcessInstance.

Does anyone have an idea why this could cause a lock?

We use the default Oracle JDBC driver and our Hibernate settings are:

  | <hibernate-configuration>
  | 	<session-factory>
  |
  | 		<property name="hibernate.cache.provider_class">org.hibernate.cache.NoCacheProvider</property>
  | 		<property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle10gDialect</property>
  | 		<property name="hibernate.connection.datasource">java:/JbpmDS</property>
  | 		<property name="hibernate.format_sql">true</property>
  |
  | 		<mapping resource="jbpm.repository.hbm.xml" />
  | 		<mapping resource="jbpm.execution.hbm.xml" />
  | 		<mapping resource="jbpm.history.hbm.xml" />
  | 		<mapping resource="jbpm.task.hbm.xml" />
  | 		<mapping resource="jbpm.identity.hbm.xml" />
  |
  | 	</session-factory>
  | </hibernate-configuration>

cheers,

Edgar