[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - does classloading isolation in JBoss 4.2.2 GA work?

hugbert do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 11 05:20:19 EDT 2009

Hi,
Has anybody managed to successfully configure classloading isolation in JBOSS 4.2.2 GA?
I tried http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/classloadingconfiguration  without any success.
Also tried hints from several other sites. http://www.mastertheboss.com/en/jboss-application-server/141-jboss-classloader.html

I am confused about the statement that in 4.2.1 they changed something, what about 4.2.2? Will it work or not?
I find the description contradictorily: once it is written to use ":archive" and next line I read ":loader" .
What should I use? How is the correct syntax?

The com.example:archive=unique-archive-name strings are JMX ObjectName
For example, for a petstore.ear file, use: com.example:loader=petstore.ear as the repository name.

What about :loader option in loader-repository?
How does it fit together with :archive? Can they be used together or they are mutually exclusive?

additional question: what influence does it have to set Java2ClassLoadingCompliance in jetty or tomcat configuration.
Will this conflict with the isolation settings for a war? Or with the settings in deploy/ear-deployer.xml ?

I would be glad if someone pointed me to the right direction and helped me out of my classloader hell.

Hubert

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4254680#4254680

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4254680