[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools Users] - Re: Jboss Tools for Seam

max.andersen@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 24 06:45:28 EDT 2009

"allforjava" wrote : Thank you Akazakov, for the ticket in JIRA.

  | And Max, Thank you for speedy reply.
  |
  | anonymous wrote : I don't understand what you mean by "seam-modules for seam-project" ?   Here, an example might clarify the details.
  |
  | 1. What I concluded/assumed that most of the web-application needs:
  |      a. Authentication+Authorization=Security
  |      b. Mail service
  |      c. Forum/Blog
  |
  | So whenever I create a new Seam Project. I need to copy the related code (from already developed seam project) and deploy as single war file to run.

eh ? Java have .jar files to handle that ;)

Create a utility jar project and add it as a dependency in the war project and it will be included.

anonymous wrote :
  | Instead I'm expecting that these service/feature are to provided as pluggable modules for a seam project.
  | Which can be modified, built, deployed and tested independently of other modules. Once these/modules are running can interact or been used by other modules or core project.

yes - I don't see any tool related issue here as long as you create projects for these modules (or include them as .jar's) then you should be fine.

anonymous wrote :
  | So is there any support from Jboss Tools for Eclipse IDE, to build projects modularly that are pluggable. Regret any inconveninet use of terminologies-modular/seam-module/seam-project.

Yes - look at the EAR project, it consists of multiple modules (war, jar and ear) and you can add more of them if you want to.

anonymous wrote :
  | 2. Please confirm whether my approach is the right. The way I do/work is, create an Entity with required mappings/associations. Forward engg with hibernate to create tables. And now expecting to generate only views with exisitng Entities/Components. The problem, if I use the 'seam-gen' to generate views
  | the mappings/associations are modified to defaults. Which I dont want.

seam-gen has support for just generating the UI part too. seam generate-ui I think ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4256843#4256843

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4256843